But the Alliance for Shared Values, a nonprofit movement inspired by Mr Gulen, put out a statement condemning “any military intervention in domestic politics of Turkey”.
The statement from the Alliance for Shared Values is produced in its entirety:
News media reported about developments in Turkey today regarding actions of Turkish Armed Forces.Published on Financial Times, 15 July 2016, Friday
For more than 40 years, Fethullah Gulen and Hizmet participants have advocated for, and demonstrated their commitment to, peace and democracy. We have consistently denounced military interventions in domestic politics. These are core values of Hizmet participants. We condemn any military intervention in domestic politics of Turkey.
Events on the ground are moving quickly and it would be irresponsible for us to speculate on them. We remain concerned about the safety and security of Turkish citizens and those in Turkey right now.
Comments by pro-Erdogan circles about the movement are highly irresponsible.
- [VIDEO] Fethullah Gülen comments on rumors about the coup attempt in Turkey
- [VIDEO] Mr. Gülen calls for an international investigation of coup attempt in Turkey
- [VIDEO] Fethullah Gülen: No return from democracy (Remarks in 1994 & 2016)
- Fethullah Gulen issued the following statement on recent developments in Turkey
- Who is Fethullah Gulen, the man blamed for coup attempt in Turkey?
- Fethullah Gülen: Turkey coup may have been 'staged' by Erdoğan regime
- Turkey Coup Attempt: Who is Fethullah Gülen, The Cleric Being Accused Of Orchestrating The Turmoil?
- Dialogue Platform’s Statement on Developments in Turkey
- Turkey Coup: Who Is Fethullah Gulen and Is He To Blame?