I condemn, in the strongest terms, the attempted military coup in Turkey. Government should be won through a process of free and fair elections, not force. I pray to God for Turkey, for Turkish citizens, and for all those currently in Turkey that this situation is resolved peacefully and quickly.
As someone who suffered under multiple military coups during the past five decades, it is especially insulting to be accused of having any link to such an attempt. I categorically deny such accusations.
About Fethullah Gülen
Fethullah Gülen is an Islamic scholar, preacher and social advocate, whose decades‐long commitment to interfaith tolerance and altruism has inspired millions in Turkey and around the world. Gülen is the honorary chairman of the Rumi Forum, Washington, DC; the Intercultural Dialogue Platform, Brussels, Belgium; and the Foundation of Journalists and Writers, Istanbul, Turkey.
About Alliance for Shared Values
The Alliance for Shared Values (AFSV) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that serves as a voice for dialogue organizations affiliated with Hizmet, a civil society movement inspired by prominent preacher and peace advocate Fethullah Gülen. Based in New York, the Alliance strives to promote peace and to eliminate prejudice and discrimination against any or all ethnic, cultural and religious communities. To learn more about the Alliance please visit www.afsv.org.
Published on AfSV.org, 15 July 2016, Friday
- [VIDEO] Fethullah Gülen comments on rumors about the coup attempt in Turkey
- [VIDEO] Mr. Gülen calls for an international investigation of coup attempt in Turkey
- [VIDEO] Fethullah Gülen: No return from democracy (Remarks in 1994 & 2016)
- Who is Fethullah Gulen, the man blamed for coup attempt in Turkey?
- Fethullah Gülen: Turkey coup may have been 'staged' by Erdoğan regime
- Turkey Coup Attempt: Who is Fethullah Gülen, The Cleric Being Accused Of Orchestrating The Turmoil?
- Gulen-linked body condemns attempted Turkey coup
- Dialogue Platform’s Statement on Developments in Turkey
- Turkey Coup: Who Is Fethullah Gulen and Is He To Blame?