The Statement says:
“Our Honorary President Fethullah Gulen has consistently advocated for democracy and insisted “there is no return from the democracy” at every stage of his life.Published on New Europe, 16 July 2016, Saturday
Hizmet participants have always denounced the military interventions and demonstrated the attitude for the peaceful coexistence, freedom and democracy. Thus, Dialogue Platform strongly condemns any attempt to throw an elected government by military coup.
We have always supported development of Turkey’s democracy and its membership to European Union despite of the increasing anti-democratic practices in recent years.
President Erdogan and his close circles’ blame on the Hizmet Movement is very irresponsible and concerning.
We hope that Turkey will overcome these difficult days and take this sad incident as an opportunity to strengthen its democracy.”
- [VIDEO] Fethullah Gülen comments on rumors about the coup attempt in Turkey
- [VIDEO] Mr. Gülen calls for an international investigation of coup attempt in Turkey
- [VIDEO] Fethullah Gülen: No return from democracy (Remarks in 1994 & 2016)
- Fethullah Gulen issued the following statement on recent developments in Turkey
- Who is Fethullah Gulen, the man blamed for coup attempt in Turkey?
- Fethullah Gülen: Turkey coup may have been 'staged' by Erdoğan regime
- Turkey Coup Attempt: Who is Fethullah Gülen, The Cleric Being Accused Of Orchestrating The Turmoil?
- Gulen-linked body condemns attempted Turkey coup
- Turkey Coup: Who Is Fethullah Gulen and Is He To Blame?