March 31, 2016

Condemnation and condolence message on occasion of the terror attack against a school bus in Mogadishu, Somalia

M. Fethullah Gülen

The terror attack in Somalia’s city of Mogadishu on a school bus, which resulted in the loss of five beautiful friends and the injuries of others, among whom were school-aged children, has once again wrenched our hearts already wounded by recent tragedies.

The targeting of teachers who immigrated to provide education services to the Somalia people, their Somalia colleagues, and students, by terrorist groups is deplorable.

I condemn this attack in the strongest terms, its perpetrators, and all forms of terror.

I pray that God, the most Compassionate bestow His mercy on my teacher brothers and sisters, Hıdır Çalka and Kemale İsmailov, and their Somalia colleagues İsa Hacı, Amr Omar Salim, and Mohamed Ahmed Arale—all of whom I believe had pure hearts, and tongues that were a loyal interpreter of their inner depths.

I pray that God the Merciful refreshes them with the shade of reunion in the afterlife, compliments them as He would do for special guests, and crowns these graces with His satisfaction.

I wish the parents, spouses, children, relatives, and loved ones of our brothers and sisters patience and fortitude, and speedy recovery to the wounded.

I send my condolences to the people of Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Somalia who have lost their citizens in this tragic event.

Published on AfSV.org, 31 March 2016, Thursday

Related