A recent statement made to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP) by Koza İpek Holding proves its mining company has no discrepancies in gold production as previously argued by the pro-government media and the trustees appointed in a government-backed court decision, the CEO of the seized conglomerate said on Wednesday.
Sharing the company's KAP statement dated Feb. 5, Akın İpek said the trustees have finally been convinced that the holding's subsidiary Koza Altın reported accurate data on its gold production per ton of extracted ore.
The pro-government media argued in September that gold miner Koza Altın shared incorrect data on its gold production, championing a court decision made at the time to put the conglomerate under administrative receivership.
In October of last year, less than a week before the Nov. 1 general election, the authorities appointed a large number of trustees to replace the management of Koza İpek Holding's subsidiaries, which, apart from the mining company, include media outlets that emerged as the main platform for opposition politicians last year.
The holding had long been at the center of pressure from regulators for its alleged support of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, against whom President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan launched a witch hunt following the eruption of a corruption scandal in December 2013.
Published on Today's Zaman, 2 March 2016, Wednesday