The foundation has continuously assisted the region in a heart wrenching condition throughout the past one year. In the commemorative ceremony, those coming from all over the country lit candles and prayed in honor of the victims. The local aid organizations, governor’s staff alongside Tacloban people gathered outside the governor’s building and showed their support for the renovation and reinforcement efforts going on in the city.
The deputies and governors in the region briefed the efforts underway in Tacloban for the past one year and thanked aid and relief organization including KYM for their rescue efforts and permanent aid activities.
The Haiyan Typhoon had earlier hit Tacloban city along with the Leyte and Samar islands in Nov. 8, 2013, leaving about 10 thousand dead and 1,5 billion worth of damage.
Published [in Turkish] on Cihan, 9 November 2014, Monday
- Kimse Yok Mu uplifts orphans in Tacloban
- Kimse Yok Mu heals wounds in the Philippines
- Kimse Yok Mu medical volunteers in the Philippines
- Turkish volunteers staying months to help survivors
- Helping out in Tacloban: NGOs bring hope to typhoon-hit city
- Turkish doctors save lives in the Philippines
- Kimse Yok Mu to donate $1 million to typhoon survivors in Philippines
- Kimse Yok Mu becomes first charity to reach Philippines from Turkey
- View more articles on the Philippines