June 27, 2011

Turkish Olympiads gets full score from the Turkish capital

Today's Zaman

Logo: Turkish Olympiads
The foreign students who participated in the ninth International Turkish Olympiads visited statesmen in the Turkish capital of Ankara throughout the past week and were praised at all their visits to various institutions.

The students, who attend Turkish schools in other countries, visited many institutions in the capital city, performing their skills in Turkish language and culture. Places they visited include; Çankaya presidential palace, the Supreme Court, bar associations, the Felicity Party (SP) Headquarters and the Religious Affairs Directorate. Many of the people the students visited spoke to the participants of the 9th International Turkish Olympiads.

President Abdullah Gül said: “I say welcome to you all, you present all the colors of the world. I am very pleased to see you all here today. I am also very happy to speak in Turkish to this colorful crowd. This is a big event and I thank everyone who contributed to the event. I sometimes visit your schools on my international trips and I see how much effort has been put into opening these schools, how well the students are educated and that they also learn the Turkish language.”

State Minister Egemen Bağış stated: “I thank you all for your performances. We are touched by this every year and sometimes our eyes are filled with tears of joy. The Turkish language you are learning is spoken by 200 million people around the world. I congratulate your teachers, who moved thousands of kilometers away from their homes to teach you this language.”

Turkish Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges (TOBB) President Rifat Hisarcıklıoğlu, spoke to the students, saying: “I am glad and hopeful regarding these international schools. I believe these students will be a bridge between Turkey and other nations of the world. I congratulate these hardworking people.”

Constitutional Court Deputy Chairman Haşim Kılıç stated: “The students who study in these schools are providing for the Turkish language to become a world-language and they will be contributing to peace in the world.”

The Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) Chairman Ahmet Hamsici also talked to the students, stating: “I am happy to host all of these students. I want students to not forget Turkey in their lives in the future. I want them to remember Turkey with positive emotions. I thank all the teachers.”

Supreme Court of Appeals President Nazım Kaynak told them: “I am glad to see you here. You all will be honorary consuls of Turkey in the future. Within this period, I hope that you do not forget Turkey and improve your Turkish even more. We work here to establish justice in the country and I ask you all to be just throughout your lives.”

Council of State President Hüseyin Hüsnü Karakullukçu said: “This culture exchange is so beautiful. The Turkish language will be useful for you in your relations with Turkey and other countries in the world. You speak the language so well, I congratulate your teachers. They have contributed so much to this. I am hoping that this event carries on and we are always ready to help you, if there is anything we can do to help.”

Turkish Court of Accounts President Recai Akyel stated: “The students who participated in the International Turkish Olympiads presented us with unbelievable moments. I have a high opinion of this event and I thank everyone for their contributions. I am hoping that Turkish will become one of the common languages in the world.”

Grand Unity Party (BBP) leader Hakkı Öznur said: “Dear students who come from all around the world, I see you all as lovers of the Turkish language. I thank the organizers of this event on behalf of my party.”

Felicity Party (SP) leader Mustafa Kamalak, spoke to the participants, saying: “These are the things that the government does not have a hand in. When I see these children, I think that three figures should be understood better today: Bediüzzaman Said Nursi, Necmettin Erbakan and Fethullah Gülen. For this reason universities should be established in the names of these people.”

Religious Affairs Directorate President Professor Mehmet Görmez told them: “The efforts you have shown evoke admiration in all of Turkey. I congratulate all of you. I am very happy to host Turkish speaking children from different places of the world. I have watched the activities of every single one in wonder. I congratulate the parents and teachers who raised these children.”

Published on Sunday's Zaman, 26 June 2011, Sunday