August 27, 2016

Fethullah Gulen’s Condolence Message for the Earthquake in Italy

Fethullah Gulen

I was deeply saddened by the news of the devastating earthquake in central Italy that resulted in the loss of over 200 lives and the wounding of many others.

As a member of a nation that suffered numerous earthquakes and experienced the loss of thousands of its citizens, I deeply share the pain of Italian people and ask God the Most Compassionate to alleviate their suffering.

I send my heartfelt condolences to President Sergio Mattarella, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and people of Italy. I pray for the quick rescue of those still under rubble and patience for those who lost loved ones.

My hope is that Italy’s friends and allies will not leave her alone during this difficult time and will offer their full support.

I wish ease to the rescue workers and pray for their strength and perseverance.

Published on Rumi Forum